Skagen Hybrid Watches
Founded in 1989, Skagen produces watches that are sleek and fashionable but don’t come with a hefty price tag. Named after a European beach town, Skagen watches draw their inspiration from the smooth sea and rugged coastal beaches that inspire artists everywhere. In 2010, Skagen watches won two prestigious Red Dot awards for their distinguished designs that are based on these inspirational elements.
Skagen was acquired by Diesel, which is operated under the Fossil Group. Google bought the smartwatch IP from Fossil Group, which is a clear indication that Fossil has one of the best technology for smartwatches.
Specs and Editor’s Review
- Charging not required, estimated up to 12 months battery life based on usage
- Smartphone notifications, activity tracking, custom goal setting, sleep monitoring, customizable buttons & automatic time zone updates
- Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones, specifically with Android OS 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 / iPhone 5 and above; Bluetooth smart-enabled with an improved data transfer of 4.1 Low Energy
Withings is a French consumer electronics company headquartered in Issy-les-Moulineaux, France, with offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, and Hong Kong, distributing products worldwide. Withings was acquired by Nokia Health in 2016.
Withings watches have won numerous awards including CES awards. With Withings hybrid watches, one is able to track 30 activities including calories burnt, sleep cycles and steps.
Specs and Review
- HEART RATE MONITORING – Maximize your workouts with continuous heart rate and in-depth reporting plus daily and overnight HR.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY – Up to 25 days battery life on one charge, plus 20 more days on power reserve mode (time & activity tracking only).
- 24/7 TRACKING – Automatically tracks walk, run, swim, and 30+ activities in workout mode. Connected GPS provides a map of your session with distance, elevation and pace.
- WATER RESISTANT TO 50M – Steel HR is water-friendly – from automatic swim recognition to having no fear when you shower, go snorkeling, or get caught in the rain.
- SLEEP TRACKING – Wake to a Sleep Score based on light & deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth & regularity.
- SMARTPHONE NOTIFICATIONS – Call, text, event and app notifications from your smartphone right on the watch screen. Plus, you can now ask Alexa about your activity stats when you enable the free Alexa Skill.
Other Withings Options
Michael Kors was founded by Michael Kors in 1981. It is headquartered in London and it has operational headquarters in New York. It is an all-around fashion brand and also actively creates fashionable hybrid smartwatches.
Specs and Review
- Compatibility: Android OS 5.0+ or iPhone 5/ iOS 9+; Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Enabled / 4.1 Low Energy; Battery Life: Up to 6 months Based on usage
- Case Size: 43 x 48 mm; Case Thickness: 12 mm; Band Width: 22 mm; Band Circumference: 200 +/-5 mm
- Quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 43mm
- Water resistant to 50m (165ft: in general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
Garmin Ltd. is an American multinational technology company founded by Gary Burrell and Min Kao in 1989 in Lenexa, Kansas, United States, with headquarters located in Olathe, Kansas. Since 2010, the company is incorporated in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.The company specializes in GPS technology for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor, and sport activities. Due to their development in wearable technology, they have also been competing with activity tracker and smartwatch consumer developers.
Specs and Review
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring with Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Wellness monitoring tools, such as all-day stress tracking and a relaxation timer, help you manage stress
- Includes fitness monitoring tools such as VO2 Max and fitness age
- Displays steps, calories, distance, heart rate and intensity minutes
- Stay connected with smart features such as auto uploads, smart notifications, music controls and more